hang on little tomato

i am destined for greater things!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

howl's moving castle

i borrowed the dvd from my officemate about a week ago (thanks noy!) and i'm thankful that i did..and that he remembered! it is far by my most favorite miyazaki movie among all that i've seen. it's too interesting to pass up that even my mom got interested in watching the movie (if she didn't have to do things i'm sure she would have watched with me). the story made me smile and giddy, the humor made me laugh (i've never laughed as much in a movie not deemed as comedy) and the characters are just keeeyuuut!!!! KAWAII!!! i love mr. turnip -- so cute hoppity hop hopping around; calcifer -- the look on his face the first time he appeared was just really funny, i don't know why; heen -- the part when he couldn't get up the stairs of the king's castle was just downright hilarious; and markl -- soooo keeeeeyuuuuut..i love the part where it was shown first time how he'd "disguise" himself..hahaha!



anyway, if you guys have time (and you do find a copy), do check out howl's moving castle. it is worth watching and will surely take your worries away even if for a moment -- it did take mine! check out miyazaki's other movies too: spirited away is just as magical, imaginative (bordering on silly but still superb for me i believe!) although the story did not move me as much. princess mononoke and nausicaa are a tad bit serious for me but i'd still say they are worth watching. if you are into movies with great, imaginative storylines crafted artistically, then you should check them out. looking forward to seeing more miyazaki and studio ghibli masterpieces!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger montalut said…

    pachichi! i have almost all the miyazaki movies-- watch porco rosso also, different take from his usual feminist leanings. castle in the sky was one of my first favorites too, plus made my students watch kiki's delivery service dubbed in spanish before.hahaha!

    but yes, howl's is a big departure from spirited away...but i loved it the first time i saw it! crush ko si howl. :P

    is your friend's copy clear? even the subtitles? the one i got last year was really a bad copy, pero pinagtiyagaan ko! id lvoe to get a new one kung mas maayos na siya.

    HUG U!

     
  • At 1:53 AM, Blogger patching said…

    crush ko rin si howl! hahhah..yup, my friend's copy is clear. my friend said he'll get a copy for me raw..i'll tell him to get two na lang :)

    HUG YOU BACK! hope law school isn't wearing you out too much. mwah mwah

    will watch other miyazaki films soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home